time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life - brian andreas




Monday, February 14, 2011

hearts day

The day began as a typical day:

Last night after going to bed I couldn't sleep.  Around 2:30am I realized that I had failed to do Dawson's valentine cards for his class party today.
So this morning, we got up at 6:30am and did them...
Last minute, rushed, and flustered (me, not him).

Then when Dawson arrived home from his party with candy and cards, Harper had a total meltdown (her party is tomorrow).  Despite Dawsons sharing, it wasn't enough and a total fit ensued. 
Then she peed all over the floor.
I made her wear a diaper for the remainder of the day, and kept referring to her as 'baby.'
I hoped this would encourage her to rethink urinating on my floor in the future.
Not exactly how I wanted to end the night with her.

To top it off, Dylan and I decided not to exchange gifts this year...
So I bought him nothing.
He bought me a pedicure, manicure, and undisclosed gift due to arrive sometime this week.
Slacker (again me, not him. Obviously).
All in all, it was a typical disastrous day.
Except for that it was hearts day....which is my favorite holiday of the year.

We ate pink heart shaped pancakes together for breakfast.
Played all day with heart (and strange animal) shaped balloons.
And ate way too much heart shaped candy.




The kids received gifts and cards from both grandparents, and were thrilled about their aprons from the Conklins and cash from the Hatfields (you can never go wrong with cash).



I love my valentines...all 4 of them.
And hope they love me.
Despite me being forgetful, stern, and unthoughtful (who knew that 'no gifts' = buy a wonderful, thoughtful present?!) this hearts day.



Oh well, there's always next year.

xo,
tracy

ps: this is the wreath I did last night...when I should have been working on Dawson's cards:



5 comments:

  1. Okay, I love the wreath! I want to make one of those, too! We are going to have wreaths galore! You have to teach me how to do the flowers. P.S. Didn't you say a few posts ago that you weren't crafty? Whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too cute. And I totally understand the presents thing...we had the same situation at Christmas. Glad you survived though, and with flair :o) AND you are turning into quite the thrifty, crafty woman!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute wreath! You will have to show me how to do those roses. We totally did nothing for valentines. Except that Ryan made some valentines for our family. But Scott and I pooped out completely on gifts too. I think you did great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love valentine's. and your wreath looks awesome. i can't wait to make more. love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lips :-). The flowers on the wreath are cool. Love your blog, love you :-) You are so funny and cute. Love listening to good music while glancing through your cute comments and pictures. Katie has been posting pictures on their blog of Tyler's remodel job on their house.

    ReplyDelete