time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life - brian andreas




Monday, January 14, 2013

blog chain letter

My fabulous friend Brianne challenged me to a chain letter blog.  She always has such fun ideas.  Did I mention she is hilarious?  Seriously....one of the funniest people I know.
The guidelines for the chain letter:

1. Post 11 random things about myself.
2. Answer the 11 questions my nominator asked me.
3. Create 11 questions for my own nominees.
4. Nominate 11 different bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
5. Notify them and hope they play along.
 
So...
11 random things about me:
1. I get emotionally attached to characters on TV.  I cry during the show, dream about them, feel like we are real friends, and think about them constantly.  Think friends, glee, law and order.
2. I love love love to sing.  But not in front of anyone. 
3. When I feel stressed or upset, wandering around any retail store makes me feel instantly better.
4. I despise exercising.  I have tried to like it...to feel the 'rush' and accomplishment that comes from an increased heart rate and healthier lifestyle.
Nothing but pure hatred people. 
5. I easily have 50+ pairs of shoes.  It's embarrassing. 
6. I have never seen Star Wars.  I have never read or seen Harry Potter.  I have never read or seen Lord of the Rings. 
7. When I am nervous or stressed I bite the skin around my fingernails. 
8.  I am obsessed with food.  It consumes roughly 89% of my thoughts.  I've always been this way...fat kid at heart.
9. Cute napkins are really important to me.
10. I have a VERY sensitive olfactory system.  Smells make it or break it for me.
 
11 questions that my nominator compiled:
 
1. If you could have any profession (other than what you do right now) what would it be?  Nurse, professional shopper (that's a real job people), or writer. 
2. If you had to live on one food alone for the rest of your life, what would you choose?  This is a hard one...I'm obsessed with food, remember?  Chips and salsa.  Or strawberries.  Or bread.  See what I mean?
3. What is your favorite book?  Secret Life of Bees.
4. And what about your favorite movie?  Anne of Green Gables.  and Fun with Dick and Jane is hilarious.
5. Pets or no pets? Dog or cat?  No pets.  Although we likely will have a dog.  Ugh.
6. Where is the one place you would love to visit/vacation?  Europe.
7. What do you do at night to wind down?  Read food blogs.
8. Favorite kind of accessory?  Earrings.
9. What do you do for "me" time?  Go thrifting.
10. If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?  Freedom from student loans...I live on the wild side.
11. Do you think it is okay to pair brown with black? What about navy and black?  Yes and yes. 
 
11 questions for my nominated bloggers:
 
1. What is your biggest fear?
2. What is your best quality?  Worst quality?
3. What is your favorite magazine?
4. Biggest pet peeve? (Have I mentioned that one of mine is the phrase 'pet peeve'?)
5. Do you believe in fate?  Karma?  Luck?  Superstitions?
6. Lip gloss or lipstick?  What shade?
7. If someone gave you $1000 to spend at a single store in 30 minutes, what store would you choose?
8. How would you classify your style?  ie: classic, bohemian, grunge (I'm pretty sure none of my friends will pick grunge)
9. Favorite quote or words of wisdom?  Who said it?
10. Favorite guilty pleasure?
11. What is the one physical quality you would alter about yourself?
 
And I nominate (because I love their blogs...or because they haven't updated them for months on end):
Lisa Johnson
 
I'm pretty sure I need more Jen's in my life.
 
xo,
tracy
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Remember when I had you come over to my house to make sure it didn't smell anymore because only 'you' would know? You (and your nose) are amazing.
    I think you would make an excellent personal shopper. If I had the money, I would hire you.
    And I really want to hear you sing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I loved it! Even though none of it surprised me. And I get emotionally attached to characters. And get quite upset (like a little piece of my real life ended) when the movie/show is over. (Harry Potter, Twilight. I am a nerd.) And you aren't missing anything with the Lord of the Rings (although I know Debbie would dispute this.) In fact, I would go as far as to suggest never wasting your time with those movies. Six hours of my life I will never get back. And I also agree with you on the pets. But we will probably end up with a dog. lame. Miss you so much. Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete