time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life - brian andreas




Tuesday, April 10, 2012

girls girls girls

Lately I have been counting down the days until this semester ends and we are officially in our last year of optometry school. And not just because Dylan will be available, engaged, and hopefully relaxed.
But because I am dreading the day when I have to leave all our friends here behind as we set out on our first rotation.

In real life (and not in this weird limbo that is graduate school life), I have no friends.
No seriously...I'm not one of those people who has a gaggle of girlfriends by my side at all times. 
Post high school, I can count my close friends on one hand.

Who am I kidding?
Post high school, I can count my close friends on 2 fingers.

That is, until coming here...where girlfriends become a necessity.
And quickly become a confidant, spouse, family, entertainer, sounding board, and therapist.

I could not have survived the last 3 years without them.

brianne and mikelle
2012 masters party.
me, lyndsie and brianne
i look scared.
mikelle and lisa
laura, debbie, brianne, mikelle, me
don't worry, we don't usually dress like this.
it was a halloween party.
[back to front, left to right]
lyndsie, brianne, karen, debbie
mikelle, anna, me, laura
kristina, lisa, jenny
ps: we're in briannes bathtub.  yep, it's that big.  it rocks.
and so do we.
debbie and mikelle
[back to front, left to right]
lisa, debbie, muah, karen
corinne, heather
ashley, heidi, mikelle, lyndsie
lisa and me
we look shiny because we had just gotten facials, not because we were sweaty.
lest you think we're sweaty grease balls.

[left to right, top to bottom]
lisa, kristina, brianne
jenny, me
we're hot.  that's all.
corinne, karen, anna, heidi, me, lisa, mikelle, laura, debbie, heather, lyndsie, nanette
for all you preggos: you're welcome.
karen, lisa, me
this is the picture where i was accused of being a red head.
me, heidi, lisa, karen & risa, lyndsie & miriam, heather
thanksgiving dinner.
anna, me, lisa, jenny, debbie
worst picture ever...best night ever.
hunger games at 12:01am.
holla.
[top to bottom, left to right]
lisa, lyndsie, kristina, jenny, karen, laura, anna, debbie, sierra
me, brianne, mikelle
jenny, brianne (aka: sylvester stalone), lisa, me, kristina
we're so mature when we get together.
gotta love scotch tape.
me, lisa, lyndsie, anna
cheese tasting.
[left to right]
lisa, jenny, kaylea, heidi, mikelle, heather, debbie, laura, me
happy hour at applebees.
we're classy like that.

And although it may seem a bit premature to be posting this (after all, we do still have a month before we part ways), I want to remember how much fun we're having right now.
Before all the tears and goodbyes start.
Before we all forget the fun and focus on the sadness of being away (and for myself, friendless....again).
And definitely before all the ugly cry-faces start.

xo,
tracy

ps: I stole the majority of these pictures without permission.  Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. you have such great friends. i'm so happy you all have each other. makes me feel better about you being so far away. love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete