time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life - brian andreas




Wednesday, June 22, 2011

barely

This is going to be a short post.
I have to be up at the crack of dawn to take Beckham for surgery.  He's FINALLY getting ear tubes tomorrow...and I can. hardly. wait.
Seriously, it's been a long time coming. 
He's been sick for 6 months.  Ear infection after ear infection.  Every now and then I get a little glimpse of my happy-go-lucky little boy...inspired only by loads of sugary juice and antibiotics.  Sad.
But tomorrow, all that is going to change.
And I can. hardly. wait.
Did I already mention that?


The purpose of this post is actually to brag that I spent the last week with my family (minus Jacque...sad. and no pictures of my time with Betsy...lame.)
We spent our time eating way too much, shopping, laying in the sun, and laughing.  It was the BEST ever.

yes...this is my 55 year old mother.  senior citizen.  and her body is nicer than mine. awesome. 
how cute is she?! 

aunt jennie and the kids...sporting their shades.

cousin kate.

beckham and kate in the bath.

I almost didn't come home.
But then I realized that I had loads of things to do here.  And a life (if it can be called that).
Oh yes, and this guy:

this is the only recent picture i have of dylan.  nice.

So after an 8 hour drive home, with one screaming little boy (yep, he cried the entire time), too many snacks, and 6 (you read that right) rounds of 'Little Rascals'...we arrived home. 
Barely:

the floor of the car under the kids

Need I say more?!

xo,
tracy

ps: if I ever have to hear 8 hours of Alfalfa singing and Darla talking again, I might scream.  O---tay?

6 comments:

  1. i'm glad you made it home....barely. and i'm SO excited we get to all be reunited in a few weeks. yesssssss. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many thoughts when read this. Yay, for ear tubes! I hope he feels better. Your mom looks awesome and does she mind that you posted that? I love Harper's face in the "shades" picture. I wish you lived her. I don't think I say that enough :) Sorry about your fun car ride, and my car looks like that all the time, not just on road trips. I loved seeing you! Thank you for making time for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously brave to take on that road trip! It makes me feel good that someone else has the same car disaster area issues! I love the way you write. I can almost imagine you saying everything to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to have a fun trip home! We are heading to Boise for about a week on the 8th and I can't wait. Any chance you ate going back during that time?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture is awesome. That is really all that can be said. And yes, your mom is smokin.'

    ReplyDelete