time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life - brian andreas




Monday, December 20, 2010

a whole lot of nothing

I really have nothing to say, but I'm fearful that if I go too long without blogging I'll never do it again.  So instead, I'll bore you (by you, I mean the 6 of you reading this) with the details of what we've been doing and what we have planned for the Christmas weekend.
Both Dawson and Harper had their Christmas programs at preschool. They sung songs, recited parts, and Santa paid a visit afterwards.  They were so excited to share the songs they've been practicing with us. 



Last week was finals week for Dylan.  We barely survived.  The kids and I felt abandoned, and bored.  It rained a lot.  There were lots of trips to Target, lots of popcorn consumed, and lots of whining by all of us.  It really was torture.  It was a long week, but we're 1 semester closer to being done.  And during my week alone I realized that Dylan and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this month...and he's been in school the entire time....thus the whining.  Enough said.
We are staying in Forest Grove for Christmas this year.  The Conklins are coming for a visit and we're excited about hosting this year.  We don't know what we'll do, but there's been discussion of take-out and movies.  It all sounds great to me, I'm just grateful to have family.
In just a few short weeks I'll be on my way to Utah to visit Betsy...alone.  I can hardly wait.  We (Betsy and I) are so excited.  I don't know that Dylan shares our excitement since he'll be home alone for 4 days with all the kids.  He'll survive.
The kids have been pretty good this year, and are anxiously awaiting Santa's visit.  Dawson asked for Legos and a superhero.  Harper wants a Barbie and Mike & Ikes (she is my daughter, what do you expect?).  Beckham wants a pillow pet, so he can fit in with the other kids :)  I think they'll probably all get what they asked for...how could they not?!  Look at those eyes...



I went thrifting a few weeks ago (one of my favorite ways to spend any free time I have) and this was my find.  It was $7...it's just perfect for a cut out between my entry way and my living room.  It must weigh at least 5 lbs, and is made out of cast iron.  The shape is charming but simple, and I love love love the vintage yellow color.  It's the perfect addition to the space.  Cute right?!



Oh, and one last thing.  I'm new to blogging, but the longer you read this the more you'll notice that the majority of my life(blogs, texts, fb posts, conversations, emails, etc) revolves around food.  So I wanted to just say how excited I am that Costco is carrying their macadamia caramel nut clusters.  If you've had them, you probably quit reading and ran to get some.  If you haven't tried them, spare yourself the 10 lbs.  They are little bits of heaven...


xo,
Tracy

4 comments:

  1. I got some of those for rob to put in my stocking...i love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I just finish eating one of those bits of heaven right before I read your blog :) Now I want another one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow lantern! Where did you go? And why have we not yet gone thrifting together? It is also one of my favorite things to do. Well, we will have to. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that yellow lattern. I want one. I have yellow accents in my kitchen and that would be perfect. Too bad it's vintage and one of a kind. But I'm glad it has a good home! I'm so glad you started a blog too Tracy. I've missed you. I'm glad you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete