time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life - brian andreas




Monday, December 13, 2010

congratulations...

This is going to be a quick post...as I type this, I have 3 naked little ones running around my house pretend 'camping' and tugging on my legs.  I also have to prepare a delicious Mexican meal for my studious husband, who not only endured a truly disgusting dinner last night, but finals today(and all week for that matter...the finals, not the disgusting meals). 
However, I didn't want to miss this chance to express how proud I am of my little sister, Betsy.  Today she finished her LAST class of her college career, a true accomplishment for many, but especially the Conklins.  She is the first(and arguably the last) of the Conklin girls to complete college, and did so with a 4.0 many semesters.  She managed to do this while playing basketball, getting married, working(2 jobs at one point), playing bunko, and a slew of decorating/crafting endeavors.  I am so proud of her for working hard, enduring to the VERY end, and making it all look effortless.  She is off to a much deserved vaca to Hawaii, where I'm hoping she'll leave her worries behind, work on her tan, and soak up some sun with her in-laws(especially soak some up for the pasty residence of Forest Grove, Oregon...the place where the sun never shines).  Congratulations to the college graduate...now the real fun begins. :)



xo,
Tracy

2 comments:

  1. you're the best. and way too sweet. i love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blog stalking and finding somebody cool! It's so fun to see what you're up to. Congratulations on everything. I'm excited to keep up with what's going on! You look cute, and your kids are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete