time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life - brian andreas




Wednesday, December 8, 2010

clueless

So I had to recruit my (incredibly patient and talented) little sister Betsy to decorate my blog for me.  I'd given up.  After trying(with no success) to set up my own in April and again in October, I finally have a blog*...you're reading it!  Betsy did a great job and I have her to thank for the cute background and not-so-cute family picture, above.  Thanks Bets!
Instead of trying to catch up on the last 4.5 years I should have been blogging, I am going to start fresh with NOW. 
Today the rain was here, so after wandering Target we came home, ate, bathed, and were jammied by 5:00pm.  It was a fun day filled with puddles, rain boots, popcorn(at Target of course), and help doing Christmas cards.  I love my little helpers.



A few months back I was at the Goodwill bins(AKA: glorified dumpster diving) and found this advent wall hanging. 

It's a bear and you move it by day to a new spot in it's 'home.'  My kids have taken turns moving him from the ice skating rink, to the grandfather clock, up the stairs, and soon enough he'll end up in the living room opening gifts on Christmas morning.  The best part(other than that it cost me a whopping $.88, that's right, you pay in bulk at the bins so can get a lot for your buck...are you disgusted yet?!) is that my mom had the EXACT same one when we were growing up.  I remember each night sitting on the floor with my 3 sisters, moving the bear from the mailbox, to the closet under the stairs, and eventually to the living room opening gifts on Christmas morning.  It's a tradition I'm thrilled to pass on.  A big thanks to my mom for thinking of it, my sisters for the memories, and the bins for a steal!

xo,
Tracy

*this is in no way a commitment to blog consistently, but I WILL try

10 comments:

  1. TRACY!!! You have no idea how jealous I am about that advent calendar. It is the exact one I had growing up, and my mom can't find it. She probably donated it. I loved moving that little bear around to all the different rooms. So cute. If you ever want to sell it, lemme know I could double your profit on it :). Glad your blogging, I will be a loyal reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are finally in the blogging world. Can't wait to get the updates! I love you to pieces and have always hated that Jack has the coolest cousins ever (which oddly feel like long lost sisters) and they live so flippin far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world!! I'm impressed...pictures and everything on the first official post. You're off to a good start. And congrats on the great find!! Looks like you already have a pack full of loyal readers - better keep at it :o) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i hope you keep up the blogging. I love seeing your cute kiddos. I can't believe you found the same advent your mom had! Thank you goodwill. I know you always forget my blog so im going to leave it on here. Thatstoryofmylife
    Blogspot.com and insidefog.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You started a blog! I will add you to my list. Your kiddos are so stinkin cute, just like their momma (well, dad too I guess).

    Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. finalllllly. ugggggggh. took you long enough. and i especially like that you have more comments and readers on your very first blog post than i have ever had. thanks a lot. LOVE YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps...i just realized that my thumbnail picture is basically my torso and crotch. nice. glad i've been leaving that for the past 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, because my family one is a different profile, if you're interested in following ours it's sethandsierrajensen.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete