time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life - brian andreas




Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Guest Post-I Am Thankful...

Hello to the 5 readers out there.  I am Dylan, Tracy’s husband.  I have been mentioned once or twice on our blog. I have decided to do a post.  This is the first time (and probably the last) that I will do this but I figured it might be a nice surprise for Tracy.  I am nice.   
So about 7 or 8 days into the month of November, I asked Tracy why she was posting something she was grateful for every day on Facebook.  She looked at me like I was quite possibly the dumbest person in the world.  I should say that I have gotten used to that ‘look’ but this time I couldn’t figure out why she was giving it to me; usually I know exactly when it is coming.  She finally had to explain to me that November is the month of Thanksgiving so people were posting things they are THANKFUL for.  Duh, Dylan. 
So, I have decided to write this ‘Guest Post’ in lei of Thanksgiving.  Here is what I am going to do:
Instead of posting something that I am grateful for everyday of Facebook, I am going to post a few reasons that I am grateful for Tracy on our blog.  I was going to write one thing for every day of the month, but once I got rolling with this, I realized that it would be a VERY VERY VERY long post. So here are some of the reasons that I am grateful for Tracy:
I am grateful for…….
-          The fact that Tracy picks out my clothes.  If it were up to me, I would still be wearing jeans and tee shirts EVERY day.
-          All Tracy does for our kids. She can’t do anything average and goes over and beyond for even the smallest things in their lives.
-          Tracy’s thrifting gift. I know she is always posting on our blog about her ‘awesome’ girlie finds, but she has found me some sweet-A stuff.  Anytime I need something, I just give her a little heads up and before I know it, she knocks it out of the park.  Here is a prime example:
These shoes were found at Goodwill (of course) on sale for $9.99.  She bought them for me and as soon as I got my hands on them, I googled Nike TW golf shoes.  These babies were still on the Nike.com website and retailed for $280.00! I think I am a better golfer because of them. Well, I can keep wishing.

-          Tracy’s kind heart.  There is a homeless guy here in Forest Grove who walks around with his shopping cart full of collections.  Tracy always has felt bad for him.  One night, she saw him sleeping on a bench in the rain and made me go ask him what we could do for him.  So, at 11:15 PM, I went and told him I would get him whatever her wanted/needed.  To be honest, I was a bit scared.  All John, the homeless guy, asked me for was a BigMac and a large coffee from McDonalds.  So I went through the drive-through, got him his grub and chatted with him for a while.  In the end, it made Tracy feel better, and consequently I was grateful for the opportunity.  That was an experience that I never would have had if it were not for Tracy.  She makes me a better person.  Wow, that was a long one.
-          Tracy’s mad cooking skazills.  Every time she isn’t sure what to make for dinner, she throws together some of the breast meals we have eaten.  We have come a long way from the quesadillas and taquitos that used to garnish our dinner plates as newlyweds. Now I would say we eat like kings. 
-          Her awesome nostrils. If you have never had a good look at them, next time you see her just ask her to tilt her head up a bit. It is awesome (and by awesome I mean EXTREMELY asymmetric).
-          The fact that she married me.  This picture recently went viral (thanks to her):
WTH was she thinking?! I was not stoned, I promise.
-          The fact that she is a good cleaner.  I should rephrase that: I am grateful she is a neurotic cleaner.  That woman knows how to clean and it pushes her into a slight state of neuroticism.  Are you catching the ‘neurosis’ theme?  That is no accident.  I sure wouldn’t keep our place as clean as she does.
-          Tracy’s desire to always look cute.  She is one hot momma.  She is a total babe. Okay I will stop now.
-          For the fact that she is photogenic.  This picture speaks for itself.

-          For those rare instances where she doesn’t act her age.  These moments are few and far between but I sure do enjoy them.

Last but not least:
-          That she puts up with me.  I am one immature piece of pooh.  Here is a prime example.  We had family pictures taken a week or so ago.  Our good friend Lisa took them for us. Tracy wanted to get some of her and me.  I said that I wanted a ‘prom-type’ pose.  I stood behind her with my arms around her waist. I told Lisa to count to three and then shoot the picture.  She slowly counted one and two, and then on number three, I decided to do this:

 It was perfect.  The timing was perfect. The look on her face was perfect. The look on my face is not so perfect, more along the lines of creepy.  I am so funny, and a touch inappropriate.
And then there is this one:

This one from when we were dating! Once again, perfect timing and perfect execution.

Tracy is my best friend and the most special person in my life.  I love her and am grateful for all she does.  This list could get REALLY long but I will spare you all for your own sake. 

Dylan
p.s. I sure used a lot of ‘apostrophes’.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful post Dylan! My husband is just as bad when we do pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm!!!! THose "Breast Meals" sound delish!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very touching!
    It's comforting to know there are other immature husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha HA! I love how he says, "she throws together some of the BREAST meals we have eaten." What was on Dylan's mind when writing this post? PS This post is totally sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really can't stop laughing! Too Sweet!

    Lyndsie C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok that is the funniest post i have ever read! Well done and keep that woman! She is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was awesome. It made my nose bleed from laughing, but it was totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was hilarious. The "prom picture" was classic. Something Scott would do. And I think you may have licked her teeth with your LONG llama tongue. So funny. Dylan you are a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that was a great laugh I just had! Thanks! Dylan its almost been 10 years and you're still the same. Love it. I hope to see you guys at the reunion this summer. Details to come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was great, hilarious, and wonderful because you both are. You are both so cute and fun. Love that you love each other SO MUCH... Cute family pictures!! :-)

    ReplyDelete