time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life - brian andreas




Sunday, January 9, 2011

confessions

I have a confession....
I haven't even thought about my blog for a whole week. 
I knew this would happen...life got busy and I quit taking pictures and had a realization that my life is very uneventful and boring and frankly I have nothing to say. 
That being said, I'm recommitting myself. 
Moving on.

There were so many things we did over our Christmas break that I'd hoped to share...prepare yourself for a plethora of pictures, in no particular order(that's the fun part of blogs anyway, right?!):

making holiday Jello jigglers

hanging out with Daddy

helping make chocolate covered pretzels

delish

and more delish

moving the bear

painting holiday decorations

we had some visits with Santa

making a gift for Dawson

we cleaned out the garage...that was a project.  Note: the nice outfit.

dylan went fishing on the Wilson a few times...brrrr

lots of art projects at preschool
being so careful with the roof of his gingerbread house
gingerbread houses with friends...more eating than decorating happened
my favorite decoration, the nativity.  Beckham just LOVED all those cute sheep.

daily treats from the advent calendar


an entire neighborhood of cuteness


We spent Christmas day in Forest Grove, enjoying the fun gifts, excitement, and great company.  Our kids had very specific requests this year, which makes Santa's job a lot easier....especially when the requests are superheros, a pillow pet, and Mike & Ikes(I am savoring these years when requests are simple and small...I know within a short time they'll be asking for things like cars and house boats).  Santa really delivered this year:

dawson


 harper


 beckham

There was the usual opening of gifts, squealing children, and arguing over whose cereal from their stocking was better.


All in all, I'd say it was a success. 








The day flew by in the the joy of the children, in the presence of family, in the spirit of love.  I am always grateful for the holiday season and the opportunity it gives us to reflect on family, friends, and the true meaning of Christmas. 

xo,
tracy

ps: the next pictures you see will probably be for summer vacation...but I'll try to blog before then.

4 comments:

  1. I am not super at posting to my blog either, and I decided that I will add your blog to mine ... since we're friends. I love that Dawson is wearing sunglasses in the majority of your photos. p.s. we should get together. We can try it at my house? I feel bad that we trash your every time we visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is so cute!! looks like it was a fun Christmas at your house. I'm excited to start Christmas traditions with my little family. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Christmas was fun at your house! I love your face in the santa picture. You look genuinely excited to be talking him. You have been awesome about posting! The fact that you felt bad about not posting for a week proves that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Christmas was fun at your house! I love your face in the santa picture. You look genuinely excited to be talking him. You have been awesome about posting! The fact that you felt bad about not posting for a week proves that.

    ReplyDelete